Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer Walks

Hey Everyone,

School came to a close two weeks ago and with finals ( all of which I passed with a B+ or higher) and interesting opportunities popping in and out of my life things got hectic. The blog will be getting more love starting early next week, the majority of the uploads will be photography for a while. This is because I was accepted in the the Burren College of Arts summer program located in Ballyvaughan, Ireland.

Its pretty exciting, being a program of environmentalism and art in a beautiful country. This is my first time traveling outside of North American and I think its also my longest flight ever.

Summer has come to Portland and it is lovely. I have been taking long walks after working in the offices here at MECA. The west end is my favorite, you get two blocks away from Congress St and all of the cars, vagabonds and noise just dissipate.

Here are some photos of interesting builds and things,  .I'm trying to get back in the swing of the Photography thing before my trip

This is the Church on Thomas St, its sweet and
continues to sprawl to the left hand side of the image.
Anyone know what this sweet little bloom is?



Along spring St I cam across this wonderful house. I just really enjoyed its location and design, especially the carving on the front door.


                                                   





My walk eventually culminated in a walk through the Western Cemetery, I usually come here to read and enjoy the pine trees and silence. But there were mopeds there, along with he Ice Cream truck and a couple making out on top of a mausoleum, so I did not loiter too long. Although what time I did spend there I used to think, away from the clutter of my apartment and the noise of Portland's main thoroughfare it is far easier to think on subject that plague your mind.



 

"Hannah"
Its interesting to think that these people never wanted
 to be forgotten and aren't....but have lost their names

Stones and Ivy





Anyway. These were earlier this week. by the time this entry is posted I will be back home in RI for a two and a half day stint before flying out to Shannon! It will be nice to get progressively more and more back to nature. Being couped up in a city (even a small one like Portland) can wear on your sense of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment