Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weeks Three and Four

There became a bit of a snaffoo in my plans to blog about my journey, I was blogging a week after the events happened and once the real work for the gallery show began and once I left the Burren College of Art Campus I had no time and no way of blogging. So this entry is a culmination of my last two weeks studying abroad at BCA.

The third week of our course was devoted to getting our project started, finalized and having a good leg up on what we were creating. We took less group hikes, had less time to scurry about as we pleased, but we all accomplished some very nice projects. I, being he fool that I am, did not bring my camera to the gallery showing in the fourth week were our works we exhibited before the community and most of the locals that we had met with and talked to and exchanged stories and skills with passed through at some point in the afternoon.

There was a local horse race, where kids from county clare and other place in Ireland came to win prizes, little kids came to spend hours on bouncy castles and the adults came to bet bet bet.



After that and due to art work, I began to spend more walks alone and tried to squeeze every last moment I could outside in the Irish sun, walking along the bay, through the hazel woods and trying to memorize every contur, building and shade of green I could before we had to leave.








It was a great course to attend, I feel I gained a lot of theory, thought and ideas about art more than actually improving upon a skill set. Although, art theory I suppose is a skill set that all artists should be attuned with. I will miss the girls I met, the pets we befriended, the strange little birds. I may not be returning for the fall semester like I had thought I would, but I will gladly come back for a residency or three post graduation.






I will truly miss this multifaceted gem of a landscape known as the Fertile Rock.



No comments:

Post a Comment